Re: [Evolution] Exchange GAL (?) Autocomplete Often Makes System Unresponsive

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 10:25 -0500, Jamie Jackson wrote:
> How often do you have
> yours set to autocheck for new mail, BTW? I have some suspicion that
> that operation can interfere with GAL lookup in an inordinately bad
> way, but I'm not sure.

Every 5 minutes.  It used to be every 2 or 3 minutes, but I changed it a
week or so ago.

I've been using the exchange connector on regular basis for more than one year. I've always had this problem. Unfortunately it seems to become even more of a problem with the release of the new version 2.24 (right now I have 2.24.1 on Ubuntu 8.10). In the past it would freeze for a few seconds. Now it is not unusual to freeze for minutes. I never waited long enough to see whether it eventually comes back.  This is really a shame.

Suggestions what to turn off are more than welcomed. In the past I tried to change settings hoping it will get better, but no luck.

Constantin