Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.24's sqlite database: what's it storing, should I be concerned, and can I get my data out of it?

My questions are: What is this sqlite database being used for? Is it
used for storing the mail? Is my new + old local mail still all
stored
in MBOX format?

        Hi,
mails are still stored in an MBOX format, the sqlite database is for
summaries, the index of some particular data pointing to the right
place in the MBOX file (or the other format, depends on the provider).
The summaries were there even before, but only in some binary format.
The change to sqlite was intended to make things quicker.
        Hope that helps,
        Milan

Thank you! It definitely helps, and tells me that my concerns were
unfounded.

[re upgrading desktop to 2.24.1]
Don't do it!  Unless you like pain.

Not especially :-)

I'd wait for 2.24.2 at least

Okay - I'll probably run my main desktop on 2.22 for a month or two
more, but run 2.24 on the laptop so that I can test & log any reports
against a more recent version.

-- All the best,
Nick.