Re: [Evolution] Birthdays Anniversaries

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 13:20 -0400, tzakharov charter net wrote:
Okay, that makes sense, though it seems a little counter intuitive.  I
normally don't fill out all the contact information, just names and
email addresses, so for me it would be more work to go through all my
contacts than to just input each birthday as an annually repeating
event.

The idea is that by putting the information there, you can go to a
contact and see their date of birth, without having to search the
calendar.  Doing it the other way works in giving you a reminder via the
calendar but is clumsy in querying a birthday when you have a name.

For example, I can't remember my uncle Sluggo's birthday.  With the
contact-driven data, I can go into Uncle Sluggo's contact info.  If I
just input it directly into the calendar, I have to search or browse the
entire calendar.

In any case, either way works, so use the one that works for you.

Is there any way to remove the Birthdays & Anniversaries calendar?

I don't think so because it isn't a real calendar; more like a vFolder
or a search folder.

--
Art Alexion
MIS