Re: [Evolution] Evolution Exchange in Ubuntu Hardy

Barry -

You can Outlook2003 also from Wine (CrossOver Office has an auto installer and not fiddling required).Â
As for EVO. I am getting it still from the channel (latest backports et al). Three issues in that order:

1.) Freezing of EVO, I perceive it checking for the Exchange and/or LDAP Server (avg 2-3 times a day)
2.) Lost connection to backend process (can be Exchange, but also others) (avg 2-3 times a day)
3.) Rarely does not pick up all mail/calendar items (I am not using any of the offline fuctions, but use a Message Filter to MOVE Emails into the local inbox; this trick works pretty well)

I pressume that the issue is the connectivity to the exchange server. Either in a slow network environment or possibly with 'funny' protocol messages from owa. However, I did not debug it, just a gut feel.

Now on days when all 3 don't show up. Evo is a really good and much faster and lighter then Outlook. Although that is not to often.
If the Evo team could focus on especially 1-2, that would change worlds and actually allow me to recommend the solution across the co.Â

By the way: Does anyone not have these issues in the Evo Exchange combination? If there is someone can you post your version and also OS information? I used Evo on Mandriva for about 1-2 hours and it 'felt' more stable - although just in online mode only and it could have been a lucky moment ;-)Â

Cheers.

Axel