[Evolution] Big folders

Hello List,

My sysadmins in their infinite wisdom (and who am I to question?) have
a public folder with over 65000 messages in. Evolution makes a fair
old attempt at downloading all the headers for this folder whenever it
checks for new mail and I end up cancelling it because it gets to
about 14% and appears to start all over again.

If I ignore it, eventually it holds up the whole process, and I have
to quit out to get it to stop.

Is there a way of getting it never to download messages in a given
folder? I have no idea what the folder is for but I'm sure it's useful
to people-who-are-not-me.

Thanking
Al