Re: [Evolution] using the address book when sending email

I think we are talking about different things.  When you use
autocomplete, you wouldn't see a list of all addresses.  The way
autocomplete works is you start typing an name or address directly in
the field â not by hitting the To: button.  After typing a few letters,
autocomplete will suggest matches in a drop-down list.  It will not show
all addresses, only the ones that match your partial input.

If you are using the dialog that pops up when you hit the To:, CC: or
other buttons, it may not display all of your addresses.  You sometimes
have to type part of the name or address and let it search.

On my install, this is the way it works for the Exchange Global Address
List.  All of my personal contacts from the Exchange server are
displayed immediately as you seem to be wanting.  I am not an evolution
developer so don't know what makes one list load while the other is
merely searchable.  For my purposes, it doesn't matter anyway, because,
I never care about seeing the whole list; I'd rather let it search.