Re: [Evolution] New system, once more for libusb

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 12:58 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 01:52 +1000, Andrew Greig wrote:
Hi All,

I have just upgraded to Mandriva 2008.1. I checked if the visor module
was loaded, and as it was I removed it
#rmmod visor

and checked that it was in fact absent.

Hit hot sync on my Palm Life Drive and lo and behold! visor is back
again.

I would really like to get libusb running this time.  I have a faster
machine with usb2.0 native.

Here are some other specs:
[andrew andrew ~]$ rpm -q hal
hal-0.5.11-0.rc2.1mdv2008.1
[andrew andrew ~]$ rpm -q pilot-link
package pilot-link is not installed
[andrew andrew ~]$ rpm -q evolution-pilot
evolution-pilot-2.22.0-4mdv2008.1
[andrew andrew ~]$ rpm -q gnome-pilot
gnome-pilot-2.0.16-1mdv2008.1

What would be causing the re-installation of the visor module, please?

What else should I do?

AFAIK you *must* have pilot-link installed since everything else uses
it. Make sure your version of pilot-link is compiled with libusb. One
way to check:

# pilot-dlpsh -p usb:

should give you a small shell-like environment to poke around in your
Pilot. If the command fails, you need a different version of pilot-link.

poc

Thanks Patrick,

Now I have:
[root andrew andrew]# rpm -q pilot-link
pilot-link-0.12.3-2mdv2008.1

and when I run, as instructed:
[root andrew andrew]# pilot-dlpsh -i -p usb:

   Listening for incoming connection on usb:..

Then I hit hotsync button, nothing happens until I type Ctrl C, and
cancel in the Palm, then I get back to a command prompt.

While still connected by the cable I get this>>>

andrew andrew ~]$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0830:0061 Palm, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0a5c:2021 Broadcom Corp.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c03d Logitech, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04b8:0005

So it is being detected by the system, OK.

What next, please?

Andrew Greig