Re: [Evolution] Synching data on 2 machines

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 12:24 +0000, Jeff Grant wrote:
I feel sure this must have been asked and dealt with before, but I can't
find it, so please forgive me if this goes over ground already covered.
I've only recently started to use Evo (2.12.2) in PCLinuxOS 2007 - and
I'm beginning to like it a lot. The one problem I have however is this.
I work on two machines in two different locations. I need therefore to
synchronize on a daily basis all my data on both, especially my diary
and address book. (Mail is no problem as I use an IMAP server). How do I
do this? I've tried copying my user/.evolution folder and sometimes this
has worked and sometimes not - I've no idea why there should be that
inconsistency. It seems to me there must be a lot of people in the same
situation as myself so there has to be a simple answer - I hope! - I'm
relatively new to Linux as well as to Evo. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I use syncevolution talking to a funambol server (specifically
Scheduleworld) to keep multiple copies of evolution calendar in sync
with each other - it also does contacts, todo lists etc.

One reason you may have had problems copying the raw files over is that
Evo and it's associated components cache a lot of data, so you need to
make sure everything is killed before copying files around - do
'evolution --force-shutdown' before doing the copy.

P.