[Evolution] Yet Another Printing Question

Even after setting paper size to US LETTER in File/Page Setup (and
selecting "apply"), when I attempt to print a message, the paper size
reverts to A4. I don't have that problem in other Gnome applications.

I am making a real effort to relinquish Windows in favor of FreeBSD /
Gnome. At this point, printing is a dark art for me. I must be doing
something wrong in Evolution so that I can not print from it. Would
someone kindly help me correct my mistake?

Thanks!