Re: [Evolution] grayed out print button

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 11:20 -0800, carl wagner wrote:
I'm running Mandriva 2007.1   I think, I have a permission problem but
don't know where to start looking for the problem.

I can print doc's using openoffice, but I can't print using Evolution
2.10.0 the Print button is grayed out.  The other 2 buttons the "Print
Preview" and "Cancel" are working.

Evolution and OpenOffice use two different printing systems.  Evolution
uses GtkPrint from the GTK+ library, as do many other GNOME applications
such as GEdit and Evince.  I'll bet you're having the same printing
problems in those apps too.

<gtk-list gnome org> might be a better place to find GtkPrint experts
who can help.  The Print dialog you mention is not under Evolution's
control.  Be sure to mention details about your printer's make and model
and also your network layout if you're attempting to print remotely.

Hope this helps,
Matthew Barnes