Re: [Evolution] Every email is plain text, cannot view HTML emails

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 13:42 -0700, Fergus wrote:
Hey all,

i'm new to evolution and have downloaded the most recent stable version
2.22. I have conpleted convert from outlook and i able to use just about
everything as before, which is great!

My problem is that i do get quite a few HTML emails, and every time i
preview or open them all i see is HTML code as if they are being viewed as
plain text. I have searched these forums dry and i have not found an answer
to  my questions. I did read about a eplugin that allowed you to alter
between the two viewing options, but i never saw a link or how to install.

Has anyone any suggestions how i can view HTML emails? Just one other thing,
most of my emails are from IMAP servers, will this make a difference?

Thanks

Ferg

        Hi,
I guess your thread (you were looking for) is this one:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2008-January/msg00075.html
But if I recall correctly, there is no solution.

The Prefer Plain plugin is one which allows to choose whether to show
the plaintext or HTML in case there is a chance for a choice.
You can find that plugin in Edit->Plugins, but the setup itself is in
Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences, tab HTML Messages, section Plain
Text Mode (if the plugin is enabled). But that plugin will not help with
this at all.

I can imagine some patch for the plugin to allow showing this as
"expected", somehow.

Feel free to file a bug in http://bugzilla.gnome.org against Evolution,
and if you can, attach there a test message too. (With stripped private
data, of course).
        Bye,
        Milan