Re: [Evolution] outlook/word

Don't we think we can advance to RTF or HTML in 2008. I mean ascii or plain text was already there in BBS times. I agree on it not being .doc or docx or odt format, but HTML and RTF are universally usable formats, that every email app should be able to use and users should not need to think about the format or this anymore.

----- UrsprÃngliche Mail ----
Von: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
An: evolution-list gnome org
Gesendet: Freitag, den 13. Juni 2008, 23:00:16 Uhr
Betreff: Re: [Evolution] outlook/word

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 17:04 +0200, Chris Olive wrote:
> One of the things I really liked about m/s office was outlooks ability
> to allow the writing of e-mails in writer, thus using all the features
> of word including fonts and formatting, will this ever be a feature of
> evolution?

I hope not, or at least not until there's absolutely nothing else that
needs to be done and then only as an option or plugin which is disabled
by default. We already have enough idionts sending mail in HTML without
adding to the grief.

> You can of course send from writer but I can only send as an
> attachment
> which is not always openable, this I feel is a major downside to what
> is
> otherwise a good replacement for outlook.

If you're sending a document for printing, editing or archiving, send an
attachment. If you're sending an email message, write it in plain text.

poc