[Evolution] Pushing message state to IMAP servers

Evo does fairly agressive caching, which is good for performance, but a
consequence is that message state info (e.g. \Read) isn't pushed out to
the server until it has to be. The downside is that it can sometimes not
be pushed before the session ends. It's logical to think that ending the
session would cause this to happen, but recently I've been seeing cases
in which it doesn't, even when there is no crash (i.e. Evo terminates
normally). It mainly seems to be happening with Gmail in IMAP mode, so
it may be a Gmail problem, but all the same it would be useful to have a
concrete "update server state" button for reassurance.

It's been said that switching folders is enough to cause an update. This
seems not to be the case at least in the situations I've seen. I do
switch folders from time to time and I don't see any difference. Could
this be because Gmail doesn't really have folders?

I use Gmail+IMAP to read a heavy-traffic mailing list (the Fedora list
in fact) and in the last few days I've repeatedly had to mark messages
as read even when I'd already done so in an earlier session. I should
mention that I also download this list for faster local searching, which
may affect the result in some way, even though I'm always online.

poc