[Evolution] Delete Mail or Dragging to Folders "Hangs"

I have noticed a peculiarity that has never plagued me as of yet with
Evolution. Using Evolution 2.22.1.1 on Ubuntu 8.04. When I delete or try
and move mail to folders, some of them get a strike through and hang for
several seconds before going to either trash of specified folder.
Typically, I notice this more with HTML and mailing lists that I receive
as daily multi-part mail. I will say that I have moved the .evolution
folder from different distributions, but have never had a problem. This
is a fairly new installation of Ubuntu, so I am not sure if I have had
this problem from the beginning or it began later. Would appreciate if
someone could shed some light on cause/solution.

Thanks in advance,
Gregg