Re: [Evolution] Feedback & suggestions

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 10:18 -0400, Piotr Romanus wrote:
On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 10:27 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:

I don't really know what would be the best way to fix it.  Maybe have
the subject line background a different color from the sender, instead
of every other message?  Or, (weird but might work) right-justify the
sender and leave the subject left-justified?

IMHO different colors for subject and sender would the best idea -most
readable.

After I sent this yesterday, I played around and realized you can do
better(?) than the default behavior, especially if you have a REALLY
wide screen (1600 or so).

If you right-click on the header of the summary buffer, you will be
given the option to customize it.  You can remove the "Messages" column
(which is the default with from/subject/date on two lines) and add in
other normal columns that you might see in the normal view.  I created 3
separate columns for sender, subject, and date.

The good part of this is that it's much easier to find things.  The bad
part is that each of these columns is pretty thin compared to what it
would be in normal view so you can't see as much of the sender or
subject lines.

I still think a "Messages" column with improved readability would be a
great thing.