[Evolution] Evolution file association problem

If I click on a msword (.doc) file in Evolution nothing happens. It opens other file types such as .pdf no problem. (I have Cross Over Office installed)

When I run Evolution from the command line, it produces the following message when I click on a .doc file:

e-attachment-bar.c-Message: DEBUG: Launch failed: There is no default action associated with this location.

Evolution also does not register the correct mime type for .doc files when I attach a .doc file to an outgoing email. It registers it as an "octet stream".

Help will be greatly appreciated

GS