Re: [Evolution] Error while fetching mail ???

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 10:28 -0400, William Case wrote:
On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 14:11 +0530, Johnny Jacob wrote:
On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 12:47 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi;

Every time I send or receive mail I get a warning message at the bottom
of my Evo window telling me "Error while fetching mail".

In fact, there never seems to really be an error or problem fetching
mail.  The warning goes away after a minute of two.

I have checked my standard logs and can't seem to see anything
untoward.

No information from help-> Debug Logs ? Also when the warning comes up
you can cliec on the information icon, it'll popup the warning dialog
with more information.

Additional warning:

"Host lookup failed: pop.braodband.rogers.com: Name or service not
known"

Never noticed that Help => Debug before. Is it new? Too bad you can't
cut and paste from it.

Amen to that. I assume it said pop.broadband.rogers.com, not
pop.braodband.rogers.com.

However, when the warning appears at the bottom of my window it appears
with a little encircled x at the end.  When I click on that the message
goes away,

As I said in the first post, the host lookup seems NOT to fail; my
service is found; and, my mail is fetched.  It is just mildly annoying
and perhaps a warning of things to come.

I am using Fedora 9 and on the Fedora mailing list there is some
discussion of problems with the timing of NetworkManager.  This evo
warning and that issue may be related ??

AFAIK Evo asks NM if the network is connected, so if NM says "no" I
would hope for a more intelligible message, but maybe I'm an optimist.
OTOH NM could be saying "yes" when in fact there's a problem, which
would jibe with what you're seeing.

poc