Re: [Evolution] Suse 11 New install

On wo, 2008-07-09 at 05:14 -0700, Gabci Xy wrote:
Hi,

I've just installed Suse11, KDE4 and Evolution 2.22.1.1.
After all of my previous installs when I opened Evolution, I could see
my all email boxes and addresses. However in this install Evolution
didn't pick up anything of my previous Evolution.
I noticed that the previous Evolution folder was under .evolution.
That install was PCLOS.
Now in SUSE the location is under .gconf/apps/evolution. I've tried to
copy all the .evolution folder to the new location, but still does not
find any of my email folders.
How can I reclaim my past emails?
Thanks
gabci

Did you look at the permissions before you upgraded?
Standard is the .evolution directory. However, when you copy your
old .evolution directory, be sure that owner and group are the same.
I had the same experience and I copied my .evolution from the other
distribution to the /tmp directory. Then I went into that directory and
did: chmod -R user:group .evolution. Then I copied that directory (with
the subdirectories) to the user directory. (don't forget the -R
(ecursive) option otherwise only the first directory is changed).
Hope it helps,
Joep