[Evolution] Mailbox name not allowed

Thank you for the tip Pete, but I figured it out why Evolution behaved like that. It was a wrong parameter set regarding the authorization of server. Now it's OK.

But I have a bigger problem now: Evolution makes the names of attachments unreadible when the names have non-unicode characters. But I guess it's better to ask this in a new topic.

Thanks again,
Janberk

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 11:08 +0300, Janberk Sahin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just set-up an POP/SMTP account on Evolution, and it receives
> mails without a problem. But while sending it gives an error as
> "Mailbox name not allowed". To see if there is a problem at the mail
> server, I used their webmail service and it was capable of sending
> mails.

If it's an error when sending I suspect it's a problem with your "Sent"
folder. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Preferences -> (Select the
account) -> Edit -> Defaults, click on the button next to "Sent Messages
Folder" and select the mail folder where you want your sent messages to
go.

P.

Janberk Åahin
KoordinatÃr
Kapasitif DanÄÅmanlÄk Enerji BiliÅim ve ÄnÅ. San. Tic. Ltd. Åti.

Refik Saydam Cad. Åimal Sok. Åimal Han No: 14 Kat: 9 D: 91
BeyoÄlu / Ästanbul
Tel / Faks: 0 (212) 293 42 40
info kapasitif com
www.kapasitif.com