Re: [Evolution] (cyrus) shared folders still not supported?

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 11:51 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 07:15 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Cyrus public folders definitely work. We use a public folder hierarchy
on our Cyrus server as a bulletin board. I haven't tried shared
(non-public) folders but there's a good chance they also work as AFAIK
the only difference is in the ACLs. You'd have to get the server admin
to set them up though as Evo has no interface for this.

Let me ask then, in your cyrus account in evolution, typically you see
this hierachy:

Inbox
  folder 1
  folder 2
    sub-folder 1
  folder 3
Junk
Trash

Where in that layout do your public folders show up?

Sorry for not replying earlier. I've asked the guy who set this up but
he hasn't got back to me yet. Anyway, on our server I see a structure
like this (from Evo):

Inbox
Folder 1
Folder 2
Junk
Public Folder
  Subfolder 1
  Subfolder 2
Trash
Whatever

I see the same thing from Thunderbird and from our Webmail system (based
on IMP).

Note that our Cyrus is configured in "anonymous root" mode rather than
the default "Inbox root" you seem to have, but I can't believe that
makes a difference wrt shared folders.

I've tried playing with the namespaces knobs and I can get a view on a
shared folders tree, but then I lose access to my folders under Inbox.

I'll write again if I get further info.

poc