Re: [Evolution] Question about IMAP folders

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 07:02 -0500, Patrick M. Kelecy wrote:
Message: 2
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:09:57 -0430
From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Question about IMAP folders (Patrick Kelecy)
To: "Patrick M. Kelecy" <pkelecy insightbb com>
Cc: evolution-list gnome org

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 07:47 -0500, Patrick M. Kelecy wrote:
Thanks to everyone who responded to this.  The explanations really
helped, and I understand better now how it works.

There is just one thing I wanted to clarify with regard to the virtual
"Junk" and "Trash" folders: -those are created by Evo (not the server) -
right?  And as I understand it, those are there just to show the user
which messages have been marked as spam and which have been marked for
"expunging".  -Is that correct?

Yes and yes.

poc

Thanks Patrick!

BTW, I checked with my email provider (BlueHost) about changing the IMAP
folder structure (i.e. not having all the imap folders "hang" from the
inbox). According to them that structure is the IMAP standard and can
not be changed (at least not with their service).  So I guess I'll just
live with it as it is.  Not a big deal though.

I'm pretty sure they're wrong about it being "the standard". It's the
Cyrus default but the standard doesn't dictate it. Probably not worth
fighting over.

Thanks again for the help.

De nada :-)

poc