Re: [Evolution] sharing evolution calendars

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 10:36 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I use 'syncevolution' connected to scheduleworld.com to keep my 3
copies
of evo, my blackberry and my google calendar account all synced up.

You can have your calendar presented as a WebDAV .ics file as well, so
that should satisfy your Mac.

webdav?? sharing one web-based cal between all 3 hosts (each being
able to read & write) sounds good - but it is feasible/str fwd? If so
how come you use something else??

Because the WebDAV implementation in Evo is not ideal - it only
'publishes' information, it doesn't synchronise it.  You can read (as in
read-only, not r/w) calendars on the web - things like google calendar
or ical; you can publish your 'personal' calendar as an ics file using
WebDAV (or as free/busy .ifb) - but you can't have your personal
calendar on the web.

If the CalDAV features of evo worked reliably with a variety of servers,
it would be the way to go.  But it doesn't (or at least it didn't last
time I tried it in 2.10), so the next best option is to do proper
synchronisation against a SyncML server such as the Funambol server at
scheduleworld.  It also has the advantage of being able to sync to other
things such as PDAs or mobile clients (and Outlook if you so desire).

Aha, I see now!
I'll give it a shot - I had tried syncml in the past but got myself into
some sort of trouble (soz, can't remember details but it's worth another
shot!)

More anon, M