Re: [Evolution] Evolution crashed on me, and now after a wait of over 10 hours will not open

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 11:46 -0500, L.C. wrote:
I have tried all I can find at Ubuntu.com forums, and else where on the
internet, this is the code I get when I use terminal to start it up:

evolution-shell-Message: Killing old version of evolution-data-server...
RSS Plugin enabled
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hi L.C.; this seems pretty frustrating.  For best results when asking
for help lease be sure to include all important information.  Of
particular concern for Evo are: the version of Evolution you're using,
the version of Gnome you're using, and the Linux distribution and
version you're using.

Also, please describe which type of mail server you're connecting to:
POP, IMAP, Exchange, etc. and any "interesting" customizations you might
have.

It looks to me like you're using an RSS plugin, from the output above.
I don't seem to have an RSS plugin in my copy of Evo; did you install
that separately?  If so, since the core dump happens right after that
was printed, maybe uninstalling it will help?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at:
 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us