Re: [Evolution] Backup to remote host

Richard,

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 07:29 -0800, Richard Doyle wrote:
On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 09:05 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 20:00 -0800, Richard Doyle wrote:
The backup-restore plugin (Evolution 2.12.1 running under Ubuntu 7.10)
works fine for local storage, but not for remote storage: "Backup
Settings..." brings up a browse window titled "Select name of the
Evolution backup file"; selecting a remote host starts a spinner that
which never finishes spinning. The remote host is accessible through
Nautilus.

Anybody know how to backup to a remote host using this plugin?

Probably the simplest way is just to backup locally and copy the backup
file.
Yes, that would work. However, the release announcement for version
2.10.0 described a "Revamped Backup/Restore plugin: Backup Evolution
data and settings and restore on the same or different machine", which
is apparently untrue.

I'll file a bug report.

Yeah. That is a bug. I probably didn't implement the download of remote
file. File one and CC me on the report please.

-Srini.