Re: [Evolution] Backup to remote host

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 07:29 -0800, Richard Doyle wrote:
On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 09:05 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 20:00 -0800, Richard Doyle wrote:
The backup-restore plugin (Evolution 2.12.1 running under Ubuntu 7.10)
works fine for local storage, but not for remote storage: "Backup
Settings..." brings up a browse window titled "Select name of the
Evolution backup file"; selecting a remote host starts a spinner that
which never finishes spinning. The remote host is accessible through

Anybody know how to backup to a remote host using this plugin?

Probably the simplest way is just to backup locally and copy the backup
Yes, that would work. However, the release announcement for version
2.10.0 described a "Revamped Backup/Restore plugin: Backup Evolution
data and settings and restore on the same or different machine", which
is apparently untrue.

I'll file a bug report.

Yeah. That is a bug. I probably didn't implement the download of remote
file. File one and CC me on the report please.