Re: [Evolution] New Evolution installation -- three short questions

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 07:55 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
AFAIK Scheme is actually the scripting language for GNU.

Not quite.  Scheme is a programming language based on LISP.  There is a
standard, etc.  See http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/projects/scheme/

The "scripting language for GNU" you're probably thinking of is Guile,
which is actually something more subtle than just a scripting language:
in fact it's a portable, embeddable extension library.  The idea is that
if your application wants to provide a scriptable interface, or a plugin
capability, then rather than invent your own new language you can easily
link the Guile library and get a fully-functional extension language.
Guile is also based loosely on LISP.  See
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/guile.html

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at:
 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us