Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.12.2 Is A BIG Dissapointment

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 22:21 -0500, Rick Bilonick wrote:
It doesn't connect to Exchange 2007 servers and
spam filtering no longer works. I backed up my Evolution files and
restored (that worked fine). Spam filtering used to work just fine.
Evolution's only edge was that it could connect to Exchange servers so
without that ability it has little appeal. No one seems to know when,
if
ever, it will be able to connect to Exchange 2007.

I'm wondering if earlier versions of Outlook connect to Exchange 2007.
Don't know, just wondering.  My company hasn't installed Office 2007
either yet, and one of the most annoying things is outside people
sending my users Office 2007 documents.  Earlier MS products won't open
these documents.  So, I'm wondering how an Open Source project, like
Evolution, should be expected to seamlessly integrate with new
proprietary protocols that the commercial vendor doesn't even support in
other versions.

That said, I read a lot about Exchange 2007 support coming with MAPI
support in the next version of Evo on this list.

Pardon the personal frustration, but I support a large non-profit, and
am extremely frustrated with early corporate adopters of proprietary MS
technologies assuming the whole world uses and has access to them.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075