Re: [Evolution] Evolution compilation with svn on f8

        to do! I had trouble with step '1', because of a firewall
        problem. I svn
        co using https, but getting e-d-s says:

        Fetching external item into
        'evolution-data-server/calendar/libical'
        svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/libical/trunk'
        svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/libical/trunk': could not connect to
        server
        (http://svn.gnome.org)

Why HTTPS ? A simple anonymous check-out would be sufficient.

svn co
svn://anonymous svn gnome org/svn/evolution-data-server/branches/EXCHANGE_MAPI_BRANCH/    <path to your
source directory>

Similarly for Evolution.

        Is there a way to force https co for sub-packages? Or could
        this be
        changed in the source?

Do you really need to check-out over HTTPS ? Nothing in the source
dictates how you obtain the source :-)

-Suman

  Thanks Suman,
            Unfortunately this makes no difference.  The external item
is still fetched using http - which is blocked at 'PROPFIND'
   So I cannot use this command from my site.
       Bill

Dr William Murray       w j murray rl ac uk      (44)-1235-446256
RAL, Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Didcot, OX11 0QX, UK