[Evolution] back from Outlook
- From: Shrikant Navelkar <shrikant clovertechnologies com>
- To: evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
- Subject: [Evolution] back from Outlook
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:58:13 +0530
After 4 years of working with Evolution , I had to temporarily shift to Outlook. I am happy that after a month I am able to shift back to evolution.
While working with Outlook few things struck me :
1. All Outlook feature (I required) are present in Evolution.
2. The GUI in Outlook is better. The font size and toolbar size is smaller and hence it gives a better view. I am yet to figure out how to change toolbar and font size in Evolution (under KDE).
3. Outlook is definitely slower than Evolution.
4. One important feature / convenience for Outlook end user is that they don't have to compile the software / new version. I had a nightmare compiling Evolution 2.12. As an end user I would love to get a compiled (rpm) of new stable version.
5. In Outlook calendar I can give different colors to my follow-up categories. I understand this feature is not present in Evolution 2.10.3
6. The filter rules worked more consistently in Outlook
7. Outlook has more import / export features than evolution.
Folks, these are my observations. As a loyal user of Evolution I would like to see how evolution scores above Outlook in every aspect.
Comments are appreciated.
] [Thread Prev