Re: [Evolution] Linux and Windows with Evolution

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 14:18 -0600, John P. Chambers, LPC wrote:
Plannnning a trip and will have a Windows XP laptop. I am running
Mandriva Linux on my desktop with Evolution 2.12.3. Can I load a
version
of Evolution on the laptop and then copy say a backup file to the
laptop
and have my mail and everything on the Laptop? Can I reverse the
process
when I get back from the trip?

I don't know the specific answer, but I doubt the file formats and
locations are compatible between Linux and Windows versions of Evo (not
to mention the filters), so you'd need to do some kind of transformation
after copying in each direction.

By far the best solution is to keep everything on an IMAP server. Still
need to recreate the filters though.

poc