Re: [Evolution] Exchange: Webmail Host Changed, but Evo's Not Using the New Info

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Jamie Jackson <myspamb8 gmail com> wrote:
[GNOME evolution 2.24.1]

My webmail used to be at: exchange.myCompany.com, and now it's at
webmail.myCompany.com

I think some of my evo lag problems are a result of the old host
information not going away after reconfiguring evo:

Here are some interesting bits of information:
In my evo exchange account configuration:

OWA URL: https://webmail.myCompany.com.com/exchange
Check out the connector metadata. It looks like it never changed when
I updated the host:

$ cat connector-metadata.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<connector-folder version="1">
 <displayname>Inbox</displayname>
 <type>mail</type>
 <outlook_class>IPF.Note</outlook_class>
 <physical_uri>exchange://15037;auth=NTLM exchange myCompany com/;personal/Inbox</physical_uri>
 <internal_uri>https://exchange.myCompany.com/exchange/myUsername/Inbox/</internal_uri>
 <folder_size>0</folder_size>

<permanent_uri>https://exchange.myCompany.com/exchange/myUsername/-FlatUrlSpace-/a87e8ad3b725854a80866fa871800fab-18db1</permanent_uri>
</connector-folder>
And, finally, you can see that evo's still trying the old host (and
getting a redirect, and presumably, lags, as a result):

$ E2K_DEBUG=5 evolution > ~/garbage/evo.txt
(snip)
< HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
< Soup-Debug-Timestamp: 1228154876
< Soup-Debug: SoupMessage 1 (0x8b2f800)
< Location:
https://exchange.myCompany.com/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://exchange.myCompany.com/exchange/myUsername/&reason=0
< Set-Cookie: sessionid=; path=/; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:00 GMT
< Set-Cookie: cadata=; path=/; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:00 GMT
< Connection: close
(snip)
--------------------------------------
Nowhere in the above debug output is the new host even mentioned!

So, how do I get evo to truly and *completely* use the new host?

Thanks,
Jamie

P.S. For the data in this email, I've done a find and replace on my
real second level domain and username, so myCompany.com and myUsername
are not, of course, the real values.

Things seem to be working better after deleting and recreating the
Exchange account in Evo. I thought it would be more of a pain than it
was.