Re: [Evolution] Evolution-list Digest, Vol 40, Issue 42

Ok, I successfully created a "new category" and it did finally showed up
in the drop down list after restarting Evo.
(should not need to do that).

The goal here was to pull out of ldap directory only those with the
"new category".

When I try that is fails to pull anything from ldap.

So I tryed the advance search feature.
The "new category" does not show up in the advanced search drop down
list?  -  when I try to use it in an advanced search.

So, I came up with this silly work around.
I have been able accomplish my goal by setting the key word "all" in the
Notes attribute of every single contact - then I can see a complete list
of Ldap and sort out my contacts using the Show Contacts feature and
selecting the "new category".

** There has to be a better way to see only contacts with my "new
category" in one move.

So I wonder?

     1. Is there a way to set a global to pull all contacts from my ldap
        directory? If so I could then sort by my "new category".
     2. Can I write an expression to pull contacts from ldap contacts
        with "new category" in them?

Suggestions and/or  examples please.

Steven

email message attachment