Re: [Evolution] how can i recover my lost mails?

Hi, sorry about the miss info, however now i am sending it

Evolution 2.22.3.1
i have a pop3 configuration (local) user machine
this is the imagen i capture of ./evolution/mail/local/inbox.sbd
http://vendo.lezich.com/images/evolution_inbox.jpg

inside the default Inbox path, i have the others, but the default Inbox corresponds to year 2008.
Inbox
> Inbox 2007
> Inbox 2006
> Inbox 2005
> Inbox 2004
> Inbox 2003
> Inbox 2002

inside the default Sent path, are the others, but the default Sent path corresponds to year 2008.

Sent
> Sent 2007
> Sent 2006
> Sent 2005
> Sent 2004
> Sent 2003
> Sent 2002

thanks Patrick and others

regarts

Luis Ernesto

2008/8/25 Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 15:32 -0400, Luis Ernesto Zillich wrote:
> Hi, in the office i work, the secretary has Evolution, and had a lot
> of mails, divide in path per year.
> She ran the antivirus Clamtk, it did found viruses (23) and put it un
> quarentine (she said), but i do not found anything in the quarentine
> list, she also did not look witch files were infected.
>
> She has path for every single year, Inbox and Sent example
>
> Inbox
> Inbox 2007
> Inbox 2006
> Inbox 2005
> Inbox 2004
> Inbox 2003
> Inbox 2002
>
> Sent
> Sent 2007
> Sent 2006
> Sent 2005
> Sent 2004
> Sent 2003
> Sent 2002

Are these all at the same level or do they form a hierarchy?

> but now, it only appears the Inbox 2002 and Sent 2003, all the other
> paths are disapear!!!
>
> how can i recover thouse paths??

First of all you need to say if these are local folders or not, i.e. are
they on the user's machine or on a mail server?

If they're on an IMAP server, you may be able to recover them by doing
Folder->Subscriptions and checking the boxes.

If they are local, see if they still exist somewhere in the ~/.evolution
directory, in which case you may be able to import them (File->Import).

Also, when asking a question about Evolution, please state which version
you are using (see Help->About).

poc

Atentamente

Luis Ernesto Zillich

Dpto. Informatica
Plastizil S.A.
Tel. 595-21 500-400
Emilio Pastore esq. Rafael Barret
Asunción - Paraguay
http://www.plastizil.com

Hosting para tu sitio web al mejor precio y con mucho espacio.
http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust32936