Re: [Evolution] Exchange Address Book

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Paul Smith <paul mad-scientist us> wrote:
On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 23:11 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Is there a way to configure exchange address book in Evolution. I am
> running Evolution on Ubuntu 8.04 Linux

Sure.  This is called the "Global Address List" in Exchange.

If you already  have an account created for your Exchange mailbox, you
can edit it (Edit -> Preferences, then choose Mail Accounts, then select
your mail account (it should have a "Protocol" of "exchange") and press
"Edit").

Now go to the Receiving Options tab, and enter your Global Address List
server into the box labeled "Global Address List / Active Directory".
Note that this may well NOT be the same server as the one you configured
for email!  If you don't know this server you'll have to ask your IT
admin-type folks.

That's it!  Press "OK" and you're done.  Now if you go to the Contacts
section you should see a "Global Address List" entry; you can click that
then look up names.  Also, as you type addresses in an email it will
complete from that list.

Hi Paul

I am using Evolution 2.22.3.1 on Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop Linux,I could not see "Global Address List/Active Directory " option in Receiving Options tab.

Any further ideas

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal