Re: [Evolution] Synchronizing with Nokia N95 8GB

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 21:25 +0200, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
I'm using Ubuntu hardy and Evolution in that environment. I also have
a Nokia N95 8GB mobile.
In Windows, calendar entries, tasks, appointments, contacts, etc, are
automatically synchronized.
I would very much like to have the same feature with Evolution in
Ubuntu, but I don't know how
to go about achieving this. Local sync via USB is most important, but
I'd also like to sync via web.

Does the N95 have a SyncML client? I suspect that it does. In that case
you can synchronize it with a SyncML server on the web, like for example
sync.scheduleworld.com, and from there with SyncEvolution [1] with
Evolution. That should give you two-way synchronization of calendars,
tasks, contacts, and notes.

There are other solutions, most notably OpenSync. The main conceptual
difference is that OpenSync is limited to local sync, while SyncML
requires a server. ScheduleWorld has recently introduced synchronization
via Bluetooth [2] (haven't tried it myself).

Disclaimer: I'm the author of SyncEvolution. I'm not affiliated with
ScheduleWorld, but they provide an excellent service and are the only
ones which fully support Evolution calendars, so I can recommend them.

[1] http://www.estamos.de/projects/SyncML/index.html
[2] http://wiki.scheduleworld.com/wiki/FireFox_Configuration

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly