From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
To: ruchir brahmbhatt ecosmob com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Copy/paste in new message corrupts formatting
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:59:28 -0430

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 17:07 +0530, Ruchir Brahmbhatt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The original formatting is lost when we copy and paste some content
> from HTML webpage, word document or spreadsheet. For example if we
> copy a table from spreadsheet and paste it in message body, then it
> preserves background and fonts but table border is lost. I have all
> html options enabled. Can anyone guide me what we can do to fix this
> issue?

I doubt the Evo developers consider it an issue. Making Evo understand
every kind of document out there and obey its formatting rules is
something way beyond its spec. This kind of thing works (up to a point)
in Windows, because of the underlying OLE model, but there's nothing
comparable in the Unix/Linux world.

The way to pass random documents around is via attachments.

poc