[Evolution] Evo having trouble closing

Hi,

In the last 7-10 days, evo has started giving delays when I try to close
the application. All the functions within evo seem to be working fine.
But when I click on the "x" in the upper right corner to close the
application, it can take around a full minute, with the hard drive
making some funny repetitive clicking noises until the application
finally closes. Does this have meaning? For example, may it mean that
something in the application has become corrupt? And is there a way to
check this? Should I try reinstalling a new copy of evo and getting rid
of this one? I don't want to go to such trouble unnecessarily, but if
what I have recounted above is an indication that there is a problem,
and that it may corrupt my email data or do some other such bad thing,
then I'll certainly do it.

Thanks,
Swarup