Re: [Evolution] moving data from one machine to another

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 12:32 +0100, michael wrote:
I've had a look about but to no avail. I suspect there will be a FAQ on
this or it's been answered before so all pointers welcome!

I've machine-A running Evolution (2.6?) and now have a new machine-B
running Evolution 2.10. I wish to copy the Contacts and Calendar from
machine-A to machine-B so how do I do this? (I don't need to move Emails
since they're IMAP)

Many thanks, Michael

(a) address book
- open 'Contacts', select required folder, export to Vcard, copy Vcard
file to new machine and import.

(b) calendar
- copy file ~/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics to new
machine and import

Et voila'!

* (b) taken from http://www.fmp.com/fmp/living_with_evolution.html