Re: [Evolution] How to import address book from Thunderbird?

On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 23:50 -0600, Sankar P wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 16:17 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
I am running Feisty and want to import my address book from Thunderbird
into Evolution. Both applications are running in Feisty itself. Can
someone tell me how to do it?

Thunderbird. Addressbook.

Tools->Export-> LDIF or CSV

Evolution. File->Import doesn't work ?

Thank you. I just now saw your reply here. Yes, someone else also
suggested this to me on the Ubuntu Support Forum. I tried it, and it
worked-- to a certain extent. That is to say, it did bring in all the
addresses. But the main problem is, that it did not retain the way in
which the addresses were organized. There are a large number of
addresses, but they are kept in six different mailing lists. And now all
the addresses are just listed singly in the Evolution address book.
Which is not much help to me, as I need the mailing lists. It would be a
massive job to reorganize all those addresses by hand into their
respective mailing lists. If it were to be like that, I could have just
manually pasted each address into the Evolution address book myself and
it would have taken just as look. There must be a way to do the import
in such a way that the mailing lists are maintained.

I did the import using csv. Do you think it would be any better if I did
it via LDIF? Or will I still face the same problem?

Thanks very much!

Regards,
Swarup