Re: [Evolution] Export and imports mails

On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 20:04 +0200, Shams Fantar wrote:
Hi !

I would like to change my mail client because currently, I'm using
Thunderbird and so, I hope to use Evolution. :-)

But there is a problem, I cannot import my mails from Thunderbird to
Evolution.

Look this picture[1].

[1] : http://www.bazar.snurf.info//Screenshot-1.png

The field "file type" is gray...why ? Ideas ? It's similar with "Inbox".

Because 'csv' and 'tab' delimited formats are used for addressbook
imports, not mail imports.

By far the easiest way to import mail is to store them to an imap server
in thunderbird and then read them back in using evolution.
Alternatively, you can copy the mbox file directly into the evolution
tree - evolution uses mbox format for the folders anyway.

P.