Re: [Evolution] high cpu usage

Just my own suggestions, but I set my "Mark messages as read after..."
option to 0 seconds (immediate), and don't have any problems.

I'm a Gentoo user as well, and found the constant bug-buddy crashes in
2.10 unbearable.  I decided to switch evolution to the Gentoo test
branch so I could get 2.12, and have been much happier.

If you're not a Gentoo "genius" (I'm certainly not), just add these
lines to /etc/portage/package.keywords:

gnome-extra/evolution-data-server ~x86
gnome-extra/evolution-exchange ~x86
mail-client/evolution ~x86
gnome-extra/gtkhtml ~x86
gnome-extra/evolution-webcal ~x86

...assuming you use the Exchange backend.  Then do an emerge to install
it.  I'm not a fan of mixing stable & test packages, but this seems safe
enough, since you're only pulling evolution (and gtkhtml) from the
testing branch.

-Chris