Re: [Evolution] Bug: open email, copy, close email, paste

as info

last paragraph...

A remaining somewhat odd thing about X selections is that exiting the
app you did a cut/copy from removes the cut/copied data from the
clipboard, since the selection protocol is asynchronous and requires
the source app to provide the data at paste time. The solution here
would be a standardized protocol for a "clipboard daemon" so that apps
could hand off their data to a daemon when they exit. Or
alternatively, you can run an application such as xclipboard which
constantly "harvests" clipboard selections.