[Evolution] Navigation and Filter/Folder Synchronization

Just got Evolution; it's served my needs pretty well for the past few days. However, there are two problems I'm having with it. Googling didn't turn up any solutions, fixes, or plugins to remedy the issues thus far.

1) Folder navigation. Folders are arranged in a tree-like structure, however, I can't expand/collapse trees using the right/left arrow keys. This type of navigation is intuitive to me personally because I've been using it for so many years. Is there a plugin that fixes this?

2) I created a bunch of folders, and then a bunch of filters to put a bunch of mail in the folders. I apply the filters, and they work. Then I start nesting the folders inside one another, and the filters suddenly give me error messages saying this-and-that folder does not exist. Clearly, the filters are not auto-updating upon folder reorganization. Is there a patch or plugin that fixes this?

Thanks for the help in advance. I really don't have time to hack another *nix program right now; can someone help me out?