Re: [Evolution] How to get new addresses automatically addedto"contacts"

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 11:56 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
Does anyone know the exact way that Thunderbird's auto address feature
works in this regard? Does it add ALL new e-mail addresses that arrive
in the in-box? Or if not, then what are the criteria for automatically
adding an address in TB?

IIRC, Thunderbird added addresses when the user either replied to them
or typed them manually.

I prefer the kmail behavior which I can mimic with evolution.  That is,
I can have auto addresses added to a different addressbook than my
regular contacts.  That way, auto-complete works, but I don't muddy up
my contacts.

I found T-bird's behavior annoying in that the same person's address
could be added multiple times.

e.g.

"Thomas Smith" <tom smith com>
"Tom Smith" <tom smith com>
tom smith com (Thomas Smith)
etc.

all become separate contacts in T-Bird.  Bad.

--
Art Alexion
MIS