[Evolution] Gmail IMAP

Much to my delight, gmail is offering IMAP these days.  Labels are
virtual folders.  You can have it retrieve mail from your other accounts
and take advantage of the IMAP access and excellent spam filtering.

I first tried using kmail for this as I use kmail for personal mail and
evo for business mail on an exchange server.  Kmail has some sort of
flaw that it will read the virtual folders and every other folder but
not the inbox itself.

So, I tried using evo.  Mail retrieval and reading are working well on
evo, but I have another problem that kmail was good at*.

Kmail uses identities as well as accounts.  When I pipe my other account
through gmail, I want replies to be sent from the identity that received
the mail.  For instance mail for art<at>gmail.com should be replied as
coming from art<at>gmail.com, while mail for arthur<at>alexion.com
should get a response from arthur<at>alexion.com.  Identities handle
this well in kmail, but I see no way to configure it in evo.

I don't have an arthur<at>alexion.com account configured in evo as this
mail is retrieved through the gmail account.

Is there any way to accomplish what I want?

*This is the curse of MUA clients.  Every one does at least one
important thing that the others do not.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075