[Evolution] Evolution client keyring issues

Haven't found a reasonable hit about this so here goes.

I have two views of the same email account on my laptop in Evolution 2.12.1
(Gnome 2.20 on FC8 - kernel is 2.6.23).  One view has direct connections
defined for when i am in the corporate office.  The other has connections
defined through ssh  proxies through a VPN when i am out of the office.
It's funky, i know, but the mail part works great.  The problem is that when
i retrieve or send mail, evolution wants to use the default keyring
(presumably for a key to use to encrypt/decrypt the passwords it stores).
The problem is, if i start out with no keyrings in /tmp or in
~/.gnome2/keyrings, when i connect to one of the accounts, evolution asks me
to create a password for the 'default' keyring as one does not exist.  Cool.
Now i can connect to that account.  Each time i restart evolution it asks
for the keyring password, and it works fine.  UNTIL, i change to the other
account, and then it cannot get access to the keyring no matter what.  No
password will match.   The only work around i have is to blow away all the
keyrings, kill the gnome-keyring-manager-d process, and then i can connect
to the desired account.   The only difference i can see, is that in the case
where there is no keyring, gnome-keyring-manager-d is not running until
after evolution aks me for a default password.  In the other case,
gnome-keyring-manager-d is either running before evolution is started or as
a result of evolution starting.

Any thoughts?   Thanks