Re: [Evolution] Moving to Evo from Thunderbird?

I've had crashes when I only used one POP account, and I'm still getting crashes with one IMAP account... I should clarify that they're not complete crashes per se, but times when it hangs for a while and can't be closed without --force-shutdown.
On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 11:38 -0500, Chris Williams wrote:
> That's very true on my Ubuntu system... Thunderbird is the more stable
> of the two clients. However, I put up with it.
> On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 12:46 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Without wanting to start a religious war, it's been my personal
> > experience that Evo crashes and/or hangs a lot more than TB on the same
> > platform (many versions of Fedora using KDE). Despite this, I use Evo
> > nearly all the time because I'm comfortable with it (maybe that's why I
> > see more problems :-)

I can't be the only exception to this.  I've been using Evo since
it's .9x days on various flavors of Fedora Core, and recently Ubuntu.
In all this time, I have only seen Evo crash a handful of times.  My
initial impression is that Exchange users are the ones that seem to
suffer the most, is that the case?

Admittedly, I only use Evo to check 5-7 IMAP accounts and occasionally a
Groupwise account.  I guess I just wanted to comment that there are
cases where Evo has, and continues to be rock-solid for some users.

--chris