Re: [Evolution] high cpu usage

Mark Phillips wrote:
I have had the same problem with version 2.10.3 on Debian Lenny with
exchange. I searched through the email lists, and found these
suggestions that I put into a small script that I use to start
evolution.

#!/bin/bash

# Same as /usr/lib/evolution/2.10/killev
evolution --force-shutdown

export EVOLUTION_COUNT_TRASH=1
ulimit -n 1024
exec /usr/bin/evolution

Evolution hangs a lot on me, so when it goes to 100% cpu usage or hangs,
I just run this script and it kills everything and starts evolution
again. Annoying, but it works.

It has become more dependable (no 100% CPU and fewer hangs) since I
started using this script.

HTH,

Mark

Mark,

Yes that helped. Your script worked and I don't get the 100% cpu
utilization anymore. I had just switched to mozilla-thunderbird when I
saw your email. I think I'm going to continue using evolution now.
Although, thunderbird is a nice client. It just doesn't have the
tasks/calendar/reminders.

Anyway, thanks!
Tom