[Evolution] Plugin for contacts in a custom database?

Greetings.

I would very much like there to be a plugin to access ( read & write )
contacts we have stored in an in-house database ( complex CRM thing ).

I've had a quick search around and haven't found anything.

I'm a Perl / PHP / VB programmer. Ideally, I'd like to be able to
implement this in Perl. I take it there are no Perl bindings? : ) I've
found
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/developer-doc/libebook/ch01.html
already, but I can't ( yet ) program in C.

Any ideas? I'm will to put a fair bit of effort into this if I can make
it happen, but as far as I can tell, the solution would have to be in C,
right?

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer