Re: [Evolution] How Can I Apply a Filter to Every Message

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 11:01 -0700, Schlaegel wrote:
I am switching to exchange from Thunderbird. I use a quite extensive
set of filters and want to apply them to all of my existing email. I
can not find any global "apply" feature. In Thuderbird this is in the
same dialog that allows one to manage the filters. I see that I can
hit CTRL+Y or choose "Message"->"Apply Filters", but this only works
on the selected email, not on entire folders.

Is there a feature I just haven't discovered?

1) Create a Search Folder that matches everything:
        Edit->Search Folders
        Add
        Call it Everything (for example)
        Match All as search criterion
        Decide whether you want all local and/or remote folders, or just some
        Hit OK

2) Apply filters:
        Go to the Everything folder
        Select all messages (Ctrl-A)
        Apply filters (Ctrl-Y)

This should work, but I haven't done it so caveat emptor.

poc