Re: [Evolution] Question

On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 22:14 -0700, Bajard Yves wrote:
I have set up my computer to use Mandriva 7001,0 and/or Ubuntu 704.

Is there a possibility for Evolution to be common to those two
distributions, so that I do not have two different sets of contents for
my mailboxes?

I have crated a separate folder, linked it to the two home folders in
order to hold all the data and the processes I am using indifferently
for any of the two distributions.

Hi, Yves.

The easiest way is just to share your homedir.  Since evolution stores
everything in your homedir (either in your gconf settings or in
~/.evolution), if you have a shared homedir, you have a shared
evolution.  If that is not feasible, then you need to share your
~/.evolution, and sync the evolution portions of your gconf tree
(/apps/evolution) between the two, and do the syncing before evolution
and evolution-data-server are started.

Of course, this assumes you have the same (or very similar) versions of
evolution between the two distros.  If they're significantly different,
you will likely have problems.

Daniel